Description: Voted “Best Place to Shop” by readers of Emerald Coast Magazine, northwest Florida daily news and Destin magazines. Destin Commons has set a new standard for shopping, dining and entertainment on Florida’s Emerald Coast since opening in 2003. Destin Commons is anchored by Bass Pro Shops, Belk and a 14-screen Rave Motion Pictures. Located in Okaloosa County, an area highly trafficked by locals and tourists, the center features more than 75 well-known local and national names in retail and dining totaling 400,000 square feet, as well as 70,000 square feet of Class A office space.
Department Stores/Anchor Stores
Forever 21, Hollister, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Lucky Brand Jeans, Williams-Sonoma, White House|Black Market, Chico’s, Brighton Collectibles, bebe, Buckle, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Gymboree, Reeds Jewelers and Sephora.
Destin Commons also welcomed Lowe's and Rooms To Go. In 2011 These additions bring two entirely new components to the center: Home Improvement and Home Furnishings.
The Destin-Fort Walton Beach and Beaches of South Walton lie along the Emerald Coast, between Pensacola and Panama City. The area, acclaimed by Southern Living Magazine for having the “Best Beaches in the South” for 13 years running, attracts 14 million visitors each year and is the number two ranked tourist driving destination in Florida, exceeded only by Orlando. $4 billion tourism expenditures are reaped by the Emeral Coast each year. Frommer's ranked the Florida Panhandle a "Top 10 Worldwide Destination for 2010." Shopping is the number two attraction for tourist visiting the area, following beach activitie. Good Morning America named Destin, FL as one of the "10 most beautiful places in America".
Restaurants & Specialty Food
Hard Rock Café, Johnny Rockets, Panera Bread, RedBrick Pizza, Starbuck Coffee, Tacos Y'all, Cold Stone Creamery, Tropical Smoothie Café, Zoe’s Kitchen, Pretzel Maker, Great American Cookies, Godiva Chocolatier, Candymaker and Poppy's time out Sports Bar.
Destin commons will announce several new restaurants in 2012!
Special Kids Attractions
An outdoor interactive pop fountain “dances” on command. The 49-head fountain system is built into the ground and offers kids a refreshing way to cool off during hot summer months.
Also for our younger guests, a nautically themed outdoor playground features a large soft play area with various creatures from the sea including a lighthouse, dolphin, sandcastle, starfish, boat, alligator, crab and turtle.
A real miniature train operates daily taking kids and their parents up and down Main Street. $3 fare with pick up and drop off location at Center Plaza.
- 2011 Voted Best place to people watch by Destin Magazine
- 2011 Voted Best Shopping by Northwest Florida Daily News
- 2010 Voted Best Community Business Partner by Ronald McDonald House
- 2010 Voted Best Place to Take the Kids by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2009 Voted Best Community Business Partner by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2009 Voted Best Place To Take The Kids by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2007 Voted Best Place To Shop by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2006 Voted Best Place To Shop by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2005 Voted Best Place to Shop by Emerald Coast Magazine
- 2004 Voted Best Place to Shop and Best Place to Take The Kids by Emerald Coast Magazine
- President’s Pride Award from Ft. Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce